So , lets get started with it !!
I already had a sad looking wine glass lamp which I want to re decorate and that is how I got this IDEA !! I am surely passionate about lighting about the world . I love candles , dim lighting etc. A lamp shade is a little thing that can make a big difference .
There is no harm in sharing the slightest and smallest idea that you have ! So here I am , with A Sparkly Lamp .
Things that you would need to sparkle a dull thing :
- Lazer Cut Bottom Wine Bottle / Any Bottle
- Bulb Socket
- Tape and Scissors
- Fevi Gum
- Fabric Paint and Brushes
- Sparkles !! ( Main Thing )
Where to buy it from : ( Currency In INR )
- So if you already have a used bottle at home , you can go to any mechanical store and get the bottom lazer cut for a lamp .
- Any electrical store in your area will have a bulb and a bulb socket . they usually use the bulb socket to test the bulbs that are being purchased by the customers and also wires . You can buy the socket board either is square or round for 200Rs .You would surely want to save energy , you can buying a CFL or a LED bulb in yellow light . CFL would be around 150rs and LED around 250Rs.
- All the other stationeries wouldn’t cost you more than 150Rs from any local stationary store.
- I used the Fabric Paint to give the bottle a base . Its optional.
- This whole thing might be a little messy so put a newspaper base so that the sparkle dust or the gum wouldn’t fall directly in your floor or carpet.
- I taped the head of the bottle so that the sparkles to mix there since I was going to apply a different colour there.
3. Next , I used a brush to apply the gum on the glass so that when I sprinkle sparkle on it , it sticks to the adhesive.
4. I bought 5 different colours , Purple , Blue , Silver , Gold and Red . So you can choose which colour base would you initially want . I chose silver !!
5. So you can use the sparkle accordingly on the bottle and let it dry for a while before you sprinkle the next layer . Use your brush to adjust and spread the sparkles on the battle . A little bit of extra patience might be needed here . *wink*
7 thoughts on “D.I.Y. – A Sparkly Lamp For Your House Parties”
Creative! Loved the result. Hope you enjoyed making this and definitely worth a try! 🙂
Do read my blog too and share your views here >> http://bit.ly/1OtjCII
Hahaha. Ofcourse. Love doing things like these. 🙂 Will surely read your blog.
LikeLiked by 1 person
😀 me too love doing it in leisure. Sure, thanks! Will await your presence 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is so cool!
Bottles can also be used for a DIY candlestick.
Ahhh. That’s a great idea.