Gone were the days when men had really minimal options when it comes to traditional dress for men. Kurtas were a synonym for Indian Men’s wear a few years back but now we see a major change in the fashion industry when it comes to traditional dress for men.
The number of choices you get from fast fashion brands to designer wear is insane. Keeping in mind that India has a strong mix of culture and each culture has its own signature style. I know just like women, men also love dressing up and staying classy and stylish. And why not!
Here is the ultimate guide to Men’s Tradition Wear:
- Kurta Churidar – Quintessential Indian wear is the most comfortable and works best for small Indian occasions. You can also go with a short kurta and pair it with jeans for a casual Indian attire look.
- Sherwani – In case of a grand occasion coming to you, you can always choose to invest in a good sherwani for a grandeur look. Sherwani comes in heavier fabric and with hand stitched designs too.
- Jodhpuri – This is a good alternative for men who want something that resembles and feels like a suit but in the Indian wear category.
- Indo-western – For people who want an Indian wear with a western twist, Indo western outfits are what you would want to look at. It’s a modern version of Indian ethnic wear.
- Dhoti Pants or Mundu – For time when you are rushing and don’t have the time Dhoti Pants and Mundus are must have. It’s ready to wear and you can pair it up with a bright silk shirt for both day and night occasions. Mundus are a very popular south Indian attire. It’s a comfortable attire for daily wear also.
- Nehru Jacket – This is a sleeveless vest that can be added to a plain kurta or a simple shirt to add some glam to a dull outfit.
You can also accessorize it with different kinds of traditional head wear, brooches, pocket square and juttis. The men’s wear fashion industry is changing the men’s wear style game. There are more and more styles and trends that we see on a daily basis on social networking sites for traditional dress for men With celebrities donning stylish Indian wear, the need for having the same for common man is also emerging. The need for more designs and trends in men’s wear was much needed and glad that we can see the change.